- Nurture healthy attitudes and behaviours consistent with academic and athletic success
- Stress the importance of TEAM and how to be a great teammate
- Improve the skill level and hockey IQ of every player
- Enhance functional physical development through the season and emphasize on these areas (post season) during the spring months.
- Maximize player understanding of team play
- Provide the student athlete and parent / guardian with evaluations of personal performance
- Increase students’ awareness of the benefits of nutrition on sport performance
Facts about the Program
Midget Elite 15
- All players are Grade 10
- 19 players will be selected
- Players must be full time students at South Delta Secondary in Tsawwassen
- This is a two block program where students receive credit of Physical Education and attendence is manditory to all team events
- All DHA programs are endorsed by B.C.A.H.A and play in the Canadian Sport School Hockey League (CSSHL)
- The team will play in the CSSHL Elite Midget 15 division.
- The teams will play a full CSSHL league game schedule with playoffs at the conclusion of the regular season, plus 3-4 tournaments (50+ games)
- Home games will be played at Planet Ice Delta
- During the week internal transportation is provided by the Delta School District while external (outside of South Delta) transportation is provided at an extra cost.
Player Selection Criteria
- Prior knowledge coaches have about each player as well as external information that the DHA has obtained from other coaches and programs
- Dedicated, hard working, respectful, committed players with the willingness to learn and adapt to new ideas and philosophies.
- Families sharing a similar philosophy to our program
- Evaluation skates are held in the Spring for the upcoming season.
- Planet Ice Delta – Delta Wild Teams
- South Delta Secondary gym, weight room and track facilities
DHA provides transportation to and from Tsawwassen for those living out of the area. There is a $75 monthly fee for this service for those in the Surrey/Delta catchment. A fee of $150 is for those coming from Langley.
Surrey, Delta Transportation Langley Transportation (TBD)
- King George Hwy – South Surrey
- Tim Horton’s (Hwy 99 & Hwy 10)
- Town & Country (Hwy 99 & Hwy 17)
- Ladner Hwy 17 and Ladner Trunk Rd
Bus transportation from South Delta Secondary to and from the ice rinks is included with the academy fee
$12000 per player – Includes deposit ($2400) payable by June 1.
Additional cost for transportation ($150 – Langley) ($75-South Surrey)
Registration Fee ($270)
Transfer Fee ($75)
Out of Province Educational Fee ($8000)
Full Uniform – Helmets, Gloves, Pant Shells
Paid Professional Coaches
Transportation, Tournaments, Hotel Costs, some meals on the road
Regular Bell Schedule
|Bell Schedule||Day 1||Day 2|
|7:30-8:45am||Blk A – DHA U18/E15||Blk E -DHA U18/E15|
|9:56-11:19||Blk B||Blk F|
|12:04-1:24||Blk C||Blk G|
|1:30-2:50||Blk D – DHA Bantam teams||Blk H – DHA Bantam Teams|
Both Midget E15 & U18 teams will practice in the morning before school and during their first blocks.
Both Bantam Varsity and Prep teams will practice in the afternoon during their last blocks.
Collaboration Day Bell Schedule – Teacher Collaboration time 8:30 – 9:30
**Collaboration Dates for 2014 – 2015:
Oct 8, Oct 22, Nov 5, Nov 19, Dec 3, Jan 14, Jan 28, Feb 11, Feb 25, Mar 11, Apr 15, Apr 29, May 13, May 27 and June 3.
|Bell Schedule||Day 1||Day 2|
|9:35 – 10:40||Blk A – Midget U18/E15||Blk E – Midget U18/E15|
|10:46 -11:52||Blk B||Blk F|
|11:52 – 12:33||Lunch||Lunch|
|12:33 – 1:38||Blk C||Blk G|
|1:44 – 2:50||Blk D – Bantam Teams||Blk H – Bantam Teams|