The Bantam Prep team is comprised of highly competitive and skilled 1st and 2nd year Bantam players. The Canadian Sport School League refers to the Prep division as the top division and has created teams based on similar philosophies in order to promote competitive and challenging competition. Players in their second year of Bantam view this as an opportunity to compare themselves against like abilities in preparation for the WHL draft. While this is not the focus of the team, it is our responsibility to make sure that each player grows and develops so they are best prepared for the Midget level.
Facts about the Program
- All players are 2002-2003 born
- 18 players will be selected
- Players must be full time students at South Delta Secondary in Tsawwassen
- This is a two block program where students receive credit of Physical Education and attendance is mandatory to all team events
- All DHA programs are endorsed by B.C.A.H.A and play in the Canadian Sport School Hockey League (CSSHL)
- The Bantam Prep team will play in a division with 9 teams including POE, OHA, OHA Edmonton, Edge, Notre Dame, Rink, Shawnigan Lake, Yale, DHA
- The teams will play an 18 game league schedule with playoffs, plus local games against high profile Bantam teams, as well as prestigious tournaments across western Canada
- Estimated number of games 40-50.
- Home games will be played out of Planet Ice Delta
- Transportation is provided by the Delta School District and there are pick up spots in South Surrey, Langley, Richmond and Delta (see Fees and Transportation)