U18 Prep Division
U17 Prep Division
U16 Prep Division
U18/U17/U16 Prep Schedule
|Time||Home vs Away||Rink||Division|
|Thursday, January 12|
|10:30||DHA U18 (6) vs NE Chiefs U18 (5) (S/O)||Canadian||U18|
|11:00||BWC U18 (4) vs VW Giants U18 (3) (OT)||American||U18|
|13:15||DHA U17 (4) vs Yale U17 (3)||Canadian||U17|
|13:30||BWC U16 (6)|
vs Mission U18 (1)
|13:45||DHA U16 (0) vs Abbotsford U18 (4)||American||U16|
|Friday, January 13|
|08:00||DHA U18 (1) vs VW Giants U18 (3)||Canadian||U18|
|08:00||Portland U18 (3) vs BWC U16 (2)||Legends||U16|
|08:15||BWC U18 (8) vs Winnipeg U18 (1)||American||U18|
|11:00||DHA U17 (2) vs NAX U17 (4)||American||U17|
|12:00||DHA U16 (3) vs Mission U18 (4)||International||U16|
|13:15||PCHA U17 (1) vs Yale U17 (4)||Legends||U17|
|13:15||Abbotsford U18 (2) vs Portland U18 (5)||Canadian||U16|
|13:45||VW Giants U18 (3) vs NE Chiefs U18 (5)||American||U18|
|19:00||DHA U18 (6) vs Winnipeg U18 (5)||Canadian||U18|
|19:30||PCHA U17 (4) vs NAX U17 (2)||American||U17|
|Saturday, January 14|
|08:15||DHA U16 (4) vs Portland U18 (5)||American||U16|
|10:15||BWC U16 (4) vs Abbotsford U18 (1)||Canadian||U16|
|11:00||DHA U18 (4) vs BWC U18 (1)||American||U18|
|13:00||Winnipeg U18 (1) vs NE Chiefs U18 (6)||Canadian||U18|
|13:45||Mission U18 (3) vs Abbotsford U18 (1)||American||U16|
|16:30||Yale U17 (5) vs NAX U17 (2)||American||U17|
|17:15||DHA U17 (5) vs PCHA U17 (2)||Canadian||U17|
|17:30||DHA U16 (4) vs BWC U16 (1)||International||U16|
|17:45||VW Giants U18 (7) vs Winnipeg U18 (1)||Legends||U18|
|19:15||Mission U18 (1) vs Portland U18 (4)||American||U16|
|20:00||NE Chiefs U18 (8) vs BWC U18 (6)||Canadian||U18|
|Sunday, January 15|
|10:30||NAX U17 vs Portland U18||American||U16 Gold|
|10:45||BWC U16 vs Mission U18||Canadian||U16 Bronze|
|13:15||VW Giants U18 vs BWC U18||American||U18 Bronze|
|13:30||DHA U18 vs NE Chiefs U18||Canadian||U18 Gold|
|16:00||DHA U17 vs Winnipeg U18||American||U17 Gold|
|16:15||Yale U17 vs PCHA U17||Canadian||U17 Bronze|
Round Robin Standings
- Regulation Win = 3 points
- Overtime/Shootout Win = 2 points
- Overtime/Shootout Loss = 1 point
- Regulation Loss = 0 points
- All games are played in accordance to BC Hockey official rules.
- A player may be registered and play for only one (1) team during the tournament.
- Roster Size: A maximum of nineteen (19) players, including goaltenders can play for each team (U15 Prep Division); this changes for the U18 Prep Division whereby twenty (20) players are permitted according to BC Hockey Rules.
- Affiliate players must be added prior to games starting and for the purpose of replacing a player for injury or reasons that make the original player unavailable.
- AP players cannot be used to replace a player serving a suspension or for perceived poor performance by the team management. (Please see the tournament committee at the tournament office for clarification of AP status).
- Any team found playing an ineligible player (I.E. player name not submitted on the original roster and not an approved affiliate player by the tournament committee) may be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- Jersey Colours:Home teams will wear white while the visitors will wear dark. In the event there is a conflict, the home team will be required to change.
- Game Start Times: All teams must be ready to play at the scheduled time, unless deemed otherwise by the tournament officials. Every effort will be made to start games on time and finish within allocated time slot. Tournament officials will determine and communicate the official start and end times to on-ice officials and team managers prior to the game.
- Game Format: All games will have three (3) twenty (20) minute stop time periods with a maximum (5) minute warm-up.
- Overtime: If the game remains tied after three (3) periods an overtime period will occur. Five (5) minutes of three (3) on three (3). In the event the game is still tied at he conclusion of the five (5) minute overtime period, the game will continue into a shootout.
- Shootout Format:
- Three (3) man shootout after a two (2) minute break.
- Home team has choice to shoot first or second.
- Substitutions allowed only due to injury.
- If the score remains tied after the designated three (3) shooters, the shootout will continue in a sudden death format until the tie is broken.
- Original shooters may not shoot again until the full roster has been expended
- It is the coach’s responsibility to track his/her teams’ shooters.
- Any player that shoots “out of turn” will be disqualified from the remainder of shoot out and any goals scored from this “out of turn” attempt shall be recorded as no goal.
9. Ice Cleans: Will be conducted at the end of each period – unless the tournament officials rule to postpone a cleaning with the intent to finish a full game within the scheduled time slot.
10. Mercy Rule: All games will be played with the “Mercy Rule” in effect during the third period. When a five (5) goal difference occurs in the third period, the clock will switch from stop time to running time. If the game returns to a four (4) goal deficit – the game will revert to stop time. Penalties incurred during the running time will be: Three (3) minutes for minor infractions; Eight (8) minutes for major infractions and; Fifteen (15) minutes for each misconduct, except for game misconducts.
11. Time Outs: Each team will be awarded only one (1) thirty (30) second time out in each game.
12. Round Robin:
- Three (3) points for a regulation win
- Two (2) points for an overtime win (either OT or shootout)
- One (1) point for an overtime loss (either OT or shootout)
- Zero (0) points for a loss.
13. Round Robin Tie Breaking:Any ties in the Round Robin will be broken in the following order:
- Most Wins.
- Highest point total in games between teams who are tied. Does not apply unless all tied teams have played each other except if one team has played and defeated all the other tied teams – that team will advance.
- Highest goals for and against differential.
- Most regulation wins.
- Coin Toss.
14. Suspensions: BC Hockey official rules apply. No protests will be entertained. All decisions by the tournament committee are final.
15. Round Robin MVP Selection. For each Round Robin game (Friday and Saturday) the Coaches will select an MVP from their own team.
THERE WILL BE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR ABUSE OF OFFICIALS.
Warrior Winter Classic Champs 2021
U18 Division: St. George’s School
U16 Division: BWC
U15 Division: DHA Green